The first post on my new blog is about blogging.
I just thought I would get that out of the way, so you could go ahead and roll your eyes at how annoying and basic I am and then continue reading because NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN SO UPFRONT AND HONEST WITH YOU BEFORE WOW.
In the effort of keeping up with the honesty thing, I have something to confess. I know nothing about blogging. I don’t know if I’ll be any good at it. Maybe this will be my only post ever and a year from now I will be kicking myself for spending $8 a month on a post that’s just sitting out there on the Internet, a disgrace to moms and beauty gurus everywhere for scarring the title of “blog”.
But in an effort to actually give this blogging thing the old-college try (I actually don’t know if I’ve ever heard someone use that expression. How do I know that expression?)…
…here are a few things you can expect:
- Me trying to be funny in ways that you may not find funny, but you’ll know I was probably laughing while writing it
- A lot of me talking about myself, because that’s the only thing I really know anything about
- I’ll probably tell you I’m an English major dozens of times because, as a college student, that’s the only way I know how to identify myself
- I’ll also probably talk about my cat a lot
- And Taylor Swift
- Me being overly dramatic and USING A LOT OF CAPITAL LETTERS
- Me being anxious about everything (seriously, everything)
- Terrible puns
- A little bit of stuff that is helpful, a little bit of stuff that is inspiring, and a whole lot of stuff that is dumb
- Me trying to entertain you and (hopefully) succeeding
Alright. I think that’s all I have to say. I realize this probably wasn’t the best thing you’ve ever read but THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT PLEASE CUT ME SOME SLACK, PLEASE. I’m an English major, but I don’t know everything. Unless it’s about my purr-fect cat. Oh god. I’m really worried that pun just caused you to run away from your laptop screen but HOLD ON WAIT I HAVE A POINT I SWEAR. I could go on forever, but you know, I think Taylor Swift said it best.
Don’t say I didn’t, say I didn’t, warn ya…